American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking color.
- adj. Weak in color; pallid.
- adj. Lacking animation, variety, or distinction; dull. See Synonyms at dull.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Destitute of color; not distinguished by any hue; transparent, blanched, or entirely white: as, colorless water, glass, or gas; colorless cheeks or hair.
- In botany: Having no other color than green.
- Pale or hyaline. Jackson, Glossary.
- adj. alternative spelling of colourless.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Without color; not distinguished by any hue; transparent; ; a
- adj. Free from any manifestation of partial or peculiar sentiment or feeling; not disclosing likes, dislikes, prejudice, etc..
- adj. having lost its normal color.
- adj. lacking in variety and interest
- adj. weak in color; not colorful
- color + -less (Wiktionary)
“We know Adam Smith as we know the ancients, in colorless stone.”
“Color or colorless, that is the question by Steve Windisch (jibbguy) on Tuesday, Nov 18, 2008 at 2: 51: 56 PM”
“You know, natural gas is odorless and colorless, which is why they add this mercaptan.”
“The basic prana-aura is practically colorless, that is to say, it is about the color of the clearest water or a very clear diamond.”
“Chloroform is defined as a colorless, heavy toxic liquid with an ether odor that is used as a solvent or veterinary anesthetic.”
“Calif., in 1958, felt alienated from his suburban environment, which he's described as colorless and conformist.”
“After a months-long deadlock and half a dozen inconclusive votes, the world's atomic energy watchdog on Thursday elected as its leader a Japanese diplomat described as colorless by foes and competent by allies.”
“Although Simpson talked about being "colorless," he was actually quite conscious of playing the race card.”
“Since the supplemental money for the war was what is called "colorless", i.e. could be allocated for whatever was needed, there are concerns that the contractor bills took precedence over other traditional Army needs such as body armor, night vision goggles, and other critical combat equipment.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘colorless’.
List of minerals, elements, group names and geochemistry terms encountered in the science of mineralogy. I've chosen to avoid capital letters in most examples, though a great many mineral names hon...
Words ending with *more or *less, more or less. Many of theses terms also appear on the list The -less Said, which see.
Looking for tweets for colorless.