from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having an abnormally pale or wan complexion: the pallid face of the invalid.
- adj. Lacking intensity of color or luminousness.
- adj. Lacking in radiance or vitality; dull: pallid prose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Appearing weak, pale, or wan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Deficient in color; pale; wan
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pale; wan; deficient in color: as, a pallid countenance.
- In botany, of a pale, indefinite color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress
- adj. lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness
- adj. (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble
Latin pallidus, from pallēre, to be pale; see pel-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pallidus. (Wiktionary)