from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking brightness, luster, or vitality; dull. See Synonyms at dull.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking brilliance or intelligence
- adj. Having no shine or lustre; dull
- adj. Not exceptional; not worthy of special merit, attention, or interest; having no vitality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wanting luster or brightness.
- adj. Lacking spirit, liveliness, or enthusiasm; dull.
- adj. Mediocre.
- n. A lack of luster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wanting luster or brightness; dull; languid; said of the eyes.
- n. A want of luster, or that which lacks brightness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking luster or shine
- adj. lacking brilliance or vitality
In arguably the most exciting crit nationals in years, first-year pro Daniel Holloway (Bissell) turned around what he called a lackluster season to finish fourth and secure the stars-and-stripes jersey ahead of Ken Hanson (Team Type 1).
Martin O'Malley, criticizing the incumbent for what he called a lackluster legislative session Tuesday.
Senate race in Massachusetts on what they described as a lackluster campaign.
Others fault the city for what they call lackluster attempts at outreach and law enforcement.
While her political future may be up in the air, Sarah Palin's populist star wattage remains undeniable as she basks in an undimmed political limelight for a core of supporters bored by what they describe as a lackluster Republican Party leadership and angry at the Obama administration's expansion of government and imposition of power.
My blog-neighborliness has been sorely lacking lo these last few days, and can be expected to remain lackluster until I get back from NYC at the end of the week.
He is widely credited with having coached Reagan to victory in the second presidential debate with Walter Mondale after Reagan had disappointed his partisans with what some call a lackluster effort in the first debate.
Uninspired Estrada exits American super heavyweight loses in lackluster performance.
Coakley began the race as a heavy favorite, but was criticized for what some characterized as a lackluster campaign.
With grades he described as "lackluster" - he had an A - average-he settled for the University of Rochester.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.