from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking color or intensity; faded.
- adj. Exhausted or tired-looking.
- adj. Having dropped a project or an enterprise or having been dropped from one: a washed-out officer candidate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. lacking colour, as if faded
- adj. tired, jaded and lacking animation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
- adj. having lost freshness or brilliance of color
Sorry, no etymologies found.