from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suffering from anemia.
- adj. Lacking vitality; listless and weak: an anemic attempt to hit the baseball; an anemic economic recovery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to anemia.
- adj. Weak; listless; lacking power, vigor, vitality, or colorfulness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or affected with anemia; deficient in blood; bloodless: as, anemic symptoms; an anemic patient.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to anemia or suffering from anemia
- adj. lacking vigor or energy
From anemia + -ic. (Wiktionary)