from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consuming or tending to consume.
- adj. Of, relating to, or afflicted with consumption.
- n. A person afflicted with consumption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a tendency to consume.
- adj. Of, or relating to consumption.
- adj. Relating to pulmonary tuberculosis.
- n. A person suffering of pulmonary tuberculosis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to consumption; having the quality of consuming, or dissipating; destructive; wasting.
- adj. Affected with, or inclined to, consumption.
- n. One affected with consumption.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Destructive; wasting; exhausting; having the quality of consuming or dissipating.
- In medicine, pertaining to or of the nature of consumption, or phthisis pulmonaris.
- Affected with a consuming disease; specifically, having or predisposed to consumption: as, a consumptive person; a consumptive constitution.
- Relating to or designed for consumption or destruction; specifically, in recent use, pertaining to or designed for consumption by use: as, a consumptive demand for hops.
- n. One who suffers from consumption, or phthisis.
- Indicating the presence of consumption: as, a consumptive cough.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. afflicted with or associated with pulmonary tuberculosis
- n. a person with pulmonary tuberculosis
- adj. tending to consume or use often wastefully
Sorry, no etymologies found.