from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be compressed: compressible packing materials; a compressible box.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. able to be compressed
- adj. Containing a circle that does not serve as the boundary of a disk that lies in the surface, but does serve as boundary of a disk that lies in the ambient manifold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being pressed together or forced into a narrower compass, as an elastic or spongy substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being forced or compressed into a smaller space or narrower compass; yielding to pressure; condensable: as, gases are compressible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being easily compressed
- adj. capable of being compressed or made more compact
Probably from French (Wiktionary)