from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, resembling, or affected by scurvy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or suffering from scurvy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to scurvy; of the nature of, or resembling, scurvy; diseased with scurvy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of scurvy.
- Affected, tainted, or diseased with scurvy; suffering from scurvy: as, scorbutic persons.
- n. A person affected with scurvy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or having or resembling scurvy
New Latin scorbūticus, from scorbūtus, scurvy, perhaps of Germanic origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From early New Latin scorbuticus ("pertaining to scurvy"), from scorbutus ("scurvy"), from French scorbut, of Germanic origins. (Wiktionary)