from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having leprosy.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling leprosy.
- adj. Biology Having or consisting of loose, scurfy scales.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the disease leprosy.
- adj. Appearing decayed, having the appearance of infection by leprosy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Infected with leprosy; pertaining to or resembling leprosy.
- adj. Leprose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Infected with leprosy.
- Causing leprosy.
- Covered with white scales.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or resembling or having leprosy
Middle English leprus, from Old French lepros, from Late Latin leprōsus, from lepra, leprosy; see leper.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old French leprous, lepros, (French lépreux), from Latin leprosus, from lepra, leprae, leprosy. See also leper. (Wiktionary)