from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, affecting, or relating to the lungs; pulmonary.
- adj. Relating to, affected by, or similar to pneumonia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the lungs; pulmonary.
- adj. Of, or relating to pneumonia.
- n. One who has pneumonia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the lungs; pulmonic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to pneumonia.
- n. A medicine for affections of the lungs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the lungs; pulmonary.—2. Pertaining to pneumonia; affected with pneumonia; pulmomtic: as. pneumonic patients.
- n. A remedy used in diseases of the lungs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to or characterized by or affected by pneumonia
- adj. relating to or affecting the lungs
New Latin pneumonicus, from Greek pneumonikos, of the lungs, from pneumōn, lung; see pleu- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the post-Classical Latin pneumonicus and its etymon, the Ancient Greek πνευμονικός (pneumonikos). (Wiktionary)