from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Ionia or the Ionians.
- adj. Architecture Of or belonging to the Ionic order.
- n. The ancient Greek dialect of Ionia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to Ionians
- adj. of an order of classical Greek architecture; the Ionic order
- proper n. A sub-dialect of the Attic-Ionic dialectal group of Ancient Greek consisting of Old Ionic and New Ionic.
From Ancient Greek ιωνικός (ionikos, "related to Ionians"). (Wiktionary)