from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to electrons.
- adj. Of, based on, operated by, or otherwise involving the controlled conduction of electrons or other charge carriers, especially in a vacuum, gas, or semiconducting material.
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced by means of electronics: electronic navigation; electronic books.
- adj. Of or relating to music produced or altered by electronic means, as by a tape recorder or synthesizer.
- adj. Of, implemented on, or controlled by a computer or computer network.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. : Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons.
- adj. Operating on the physical behavior of electrons, especially in semiconductors.
- adj. Generated by an electronic device.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Internet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an electron or electrons.
- adj. Using the methods or principles of electronics as part of the working mechanism; -- of devices.
- adj. Using computerized storage or transmission of information
- adj. of or pertaining to electronics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of electrons. See electron, 2 and 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or concerned with electrons
- adj. of or relating to electronics; concerned with or using devices that operate on principles governing the behavior of electrons
From Latin electrinus ("made of amber"), from Ancient Greek ἤλεκτρον (ēlektron, "amber"). (Wiktionary)