from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Synchronous.
- adj. Of or relating to the study of phenomena, such as linguistic features, or of events of a particular time, without reference to their historical context.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. occurring at a specific point in time.
- adj. relating to the study of a language at only one point in its history.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as synchronical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concerned with phenomena (especially language) at a particular period without considering historical antecedents
- adj. occurring or existing at the same time or having the same period or phase
- adj. (of taxa) occurring in the same period of geological time
From Ancient Greek σύν (sýn, "with, in company with, together with") + χρόνος (chrónos, "time") (Wiktionary)