from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Originating, existing, or happening during the same period of time: the contemporaneous reigns of two monarchs. See Synonyms at contemporary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Existing or created in the same period of time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Living, existing, or occurring at the same time; contemporary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Living or existing at the same time; con-temporary. Also cotemporaneous.
- Synonyms See coeval.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the same period
- adj. occurring in the same period of time
Latin contemporāneus : com-, com- + tempus, tempor-, time + -āneus, adj. suff.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)