American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having life or being; existing. See Synonyms at real1.
- adj. Occurring or present at the moment; current.
- n. One that exists.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing; having existence.
- n. That which exists, or has actual being.
- adj. existing; having life or being, current; occurring now
- n. archaic a being or entity that exists independently
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having being or existence; existing; being; occurring now; taking place.
- adj. presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible
- adj. being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory
- adj. having existence or being or actuality
- From Latin existens, from existere. (Wiktionary)
“Which rights are “fundamental” or even existent is entirely subjective.”
“Every existent is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness and dies by chance.”
“Then again, some of them were almost non-existent from the get-go.”
“Even if the human factors involved in global warming are minimal or non-existent, is it such a terrible thing to ask people to pollute a little less?”
“Unfortunately for Sarah, her credibility to lead among independents and other voters remains non-existent, which is good news for us, at least for 2012.”
“The substratum is the cause of a thing's being or existence; the process of shaping or forming is the cause of its being a particular kind of being or existent, that is, of its having one set of qualities rather than another.”
“In the same way those who say the One or the existent is the good, say that it is the cause of substance, but not that substance either is or comes to be for the sake of this.”
“Whatever has been called existent and non-existent, whatever is manifest and not-manifest, whatever is destructible and indestructible, all have me for their soul.”
“This is by definition a necessary existent, which is the cause of the existence of everything else.”
“Their respective views of the origin of the world are determined by their opinions concerning the principles of existence and the existent, that is, the fundamental principles of physics and metaphysics.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘existent’.
+annoying words that I sometimes can get with away using
Looking for tweets for existent.