from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having life or being; existing. See Synonyms at real1.
- adj. Occurring or present at the moment; current.
- n. One that exists.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. existing; having life or being, current; occurring now
- n. a being or entity that exists independently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having being or existence; existing; being; occurring now; taking place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing; having existence.
- n. That which exists, or has actual being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible
- adj. being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory
- adj. having existence or being or actuality
From Latin existens, from existere. (Wiktionary)