from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated or taking place on or above the surface of the ground: aboveground nuclear testing.
- adj. Operating or existing within the establishment; conventional: journalistic practices unacceptable to the aboveground press.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Above the surface of the ground.
- adj. Above the surface.
- adj. Not dead and buried; alive.
- adj. Existing, produced, or published by or within the establishment.
- n. The portion of society that is not underground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on or above the surface of the ground
above + ground (Wiktionary)