from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of living, developing, or germinating under favorable conditions.
- adj. Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn.
- adj. Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See Synonyms at possible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to live on its own (as for a newborn.)
- adj. Able to be done, possible.
- adj. In (biology), able to live and develop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of living; born alive and with such form and development of organs as to be capable of living; -- said of a newborn, or a prematurely born, infant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of living; likely to live; specifically, capable of continued existence outside of the womb: noting a fetus. Seeviability, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are
- adj. capable of life or normal growth and development
In what they referred to as a viable inside attack possible on locks geared for office settings, someone could borrow a key and shave tiny bit of metal from the tip and it would no longer catch the iLoq reset hook.
The Army said it made safe what it described as a viable improvised explosive device found under the private car.
“When I was talking about knowing if my business is viable or not, through a profit-and-loss model, I was like ‘Wow, I didn’t even know the word viable before, and now I do,’ Whitley says.
Therefore, the call to remove the burqa cannot be devoid of such a context and for Eltahawy to think that divorcing her criticism from such a context as viable is politically naïve.
But I still contend that "managing" wolves down to minimal numbers, just enough to stay viable, is foolish, unnecessary, and reeking of anthropic bias.
At the same time, I could see how this series could remain viable across multiple seasons.
The only thing that makes this viable is copyright.
"While it appears that the continuing resolution will not include USPS funding, service will not be compromised while the Administration works with Congress and USPS to ensure that they have the tools and authorities necessary to remain viable well into the future," the Office of Management and Budget said Tuesday.
Fantasy & Science Fiction are taking steps to adapt and remain viable in what is always a changing market.
"While it appears that the continuing resolution will not include USPS funding, service will not be compromised while the administration works with Congress and USPS to ensure that they have the tools and authorities necessary to remain viable well into the future," the Office of Management and Budget said in a statement.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.