from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be achieved, accomplished or obtained.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being attained or reached by efforts of the mind or body; capable of being compassed or accomplished by efforts directed to the object.
- adj. Obtainable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being attained.
- [Attainable was formerly sometimes used where obtainable or procurable would now be preferred, as in the following passages:
- Synonyms Practicable, feasible, possible, within reach.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being attained or accomplished
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I am happy to report that almost all of the recipes have what I refer to as attainable ingredients.
Once you identify your authentic expertise, the path toward becoming a successful author may seem clearer and more attainable, which is one of many good reasons to invest your time in the process.
They are also a so-called attainable luxury, offering wine and food that is reasonably priced.
And without denying the pleasantness of the mode of progression which Mr. Hazlitt, perhaps too enthusiastically, describes as attainable in a background of
They are certainly admirable men, award winning heroes, but hardly the kind of attainable role models who young men can recognize with.
According to the EU commission press release, Le Plan "continues to deliver results" and the target of saving 25,000 lives on Europe's roads by 2010 is "attainable".
He said the company's "attainable" goal is eight hours of active battery life.
Hungary's deficit target of 3.8 percent of gross domestic product, approved by the EU and IMF, is "attainable" with changes in spending and revenue plans, said Varga, who a week earlier estimated the shortfall may exceed 7 percent.
Hermes envisions a community with mostly single-family homes priced at "attainable" levels, starting at $250,000.
Malaysia's aim to more than double per capita income to $15,000 in 10 years is ambitious yet "attainable," he said.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.