from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such that use or operation is possible: an operable machine.
- adj. Possible to put into practice; practicable: an operable plan.
- adj. Treatable by surgical operation with a reasonable degree of safety and chance of success: an operable cancer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be operated or used
- adj. Able to be put into operation; practicable
- adj. Able to be treated by surgery
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Practicable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being treated by surgical operation
- adj. fit or ready for use or service
- adj. usable for a specific purpose
Sorry, no etymologies found.