from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an operation or a series of operations.
- adj. Of, intended for, or involved in military operations.
- adj. Fit for proper functioning; ready for use: an operational aircraft.
- adj. Being in effect or operation: "de facto apartheid still operational even in the 'new' African nations” ( Leslie Marmon Silko).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to operations, especially military operations
- adj. functioning and ready for use
- adj. effective or operative
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to operations.
- adj. Fit or ready for service; available and in working condition. Opposite of
- adj. of or intended for or involved in military operations. Opposite of
- adj. In force; not expired or annulled; -- of rules or laws.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being in effect or operation
- adj. pertaining to a process or series of actions for achieving a result
- adj. (military) of or intended for or involved in military operations
- adj. fit or ready for use or service
Sorry, no etymologies found.