from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to recreation: recreational swimming.
- adj. Of or relating to the occasional use, asserted not to be addictive, of narcotics: "You can't accept recreational drug use and expect to control the drug problem” ( Lacy Thornburg).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used for recreation, for fun or pleasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or conducing to recreation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. engaged in as a pastime
- adj. of or relating to recreation
Sorry, no etymologies found.