from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located in, done in, or suited to the open air: badminton and other outdoor games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Situated in, designed to be used in, or carried on in the open air.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being, or done, in the open air; being or done outside of certain buildings, as poorhouses, hospitals, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Out of doors; outside of the house; exterior; in the open air: as, outdoor amusements.
- Not cared for within doors or in a particular house (as a poor-house): as, outdoor paupers.
- In Cornish pumping-engines, outward: as, the outdoor stroke of the engine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to or concerning the outdoors or outdoor activities
- adj. located, suited for, or taking place in the open air
Sorry, no etymologies found.