American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Generous or large in area or extent; roomy.
- adj. Vast in range or scope: a spacious view.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclosing an extended space; of great extent; wide-extended.
- Having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; roomy.
- Extensive; on a large scale; abounding: said of persons.
- Synonyms Wide, capacious, ample, broad.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Extending far and wide; vast in extent.
- adj. Inclosing an extended space; having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; capacious; roomy.
- adj. (of buildings and rooms) having ample space
- adj. very large in expanse or scope
“UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yeah, that's what I call a spacious interior.”
“The slightly smaller bedroom is similar: it also accommodates a double bed, a desk and a built-in spacious shelving system.”
“Senior Hamas leader Nizar Rayan, killed on Jan. 1, was a poorly paid academic, yet he died with his four wives and 10 of his children in spacious quarters.”
“The apartment was spacious, in other words, and elegantly decorated, but it wasn't clear anyone actually lived there.”
“They saw it as a cheap holiday: getting free accommodation in spacious flats fully equipped with books, games, radio and telephone, and spending your leisure time playing table tennis, badminton, or golf.”
“Before the season, I would have preferred Harang, but pitching in spacious Dodger Stadium is one more reason to choose Billingsley.”
“Over the course of an afternoon, the group will sit on some leather furniture in spacious offices with politicians who are generous with their time.”
“Caged separately in spacious pens, these exuberantly plumed and healthy birds didn't look like any roosters I had ever seen, but I took Roberto's word for what they were.”
“On either side of us huge mansions stood in spacious grounds.”
“Despite playing his home games in spacious Petco Park, Piazza managed to hit 22 home runs (10 home, 12 away) a year ago — his highest total since 2002.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spacious’.
Good for poetry, or just artistic on their own.
This is a collection of words I love, old ones that I love the sound of when I repeat them for years and new ones coined in news articles on up and coming trends and technologies - most of them I k...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
lista wyrazów, zwrotów i idiomów dla klasy 1d
my words for my own use
Looking for tweets for spacious.