from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suited or favorable to one's comfort, purpose, or needs: a convenient time to receive guests; a convenient excuse for not going.
- adj. Easy to reach; accessible: a bank with branches at six convenient locations.
- adj. Close at hand; near: an apartment that is convenient to shopping and transportation.
- adj. Obsolete Fitting and proper; suitable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to convenience; simple; easy; expedient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fit or adapted; suitable; proper; becoming; appropriate.
- adj. Affording accommodation or advantage; well adapted to use; handly.
- adj. Seasonable; timely; opportune.
- adj. Near at hand; easy of access.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fit; suitable; proper; becoming: used absolutely or with to or for.
- Affording certain facilities or accommodation; commodious; serviceable; rendering some act or movement easy of performance or freeing it from obstruction: as, a very convenient staircase; a convenient harbor.
- Opportune; favorable: as, a convenient hour.
- At hand; easily accessible; readily obtained or found when wanted; handy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. large and roomy (`convenient' is archaic in this sense)
- adj. suited to your comfort or purpose or needs
As I see it and this is not an authorized definition, ludology has become a label convenient to use when
This is what I refer to as convenient mental disability.
Daiwa Health Development (DHD) may strengthen its hand in the market for supplements claiming immune boosting benefits with further launches of what it calls a convenient Rice Bran Arabinoxylan Compound (RBAC).
- I think the store that I am shopping at, although convenient, is like a Canadian Giant Eagle, and as such will have to find somewhere much cheaper.
Here is some fine Nanowrimo manuscript-padding advice in convenient and easy-to-digest Tweet form (a part of us just died as we wrote that) from Famous Writers, courtesy of the very erudite staff of Inkwell Bookstore Their blog is mad fab also.
What's convenient is Repubs selectively calling pro-choice 'murder' when they believe in the death penalty and they send tens of thousands off to war at the drop of a hat.
How much more convenient is a portable, and always ready foodsource?
How convenient is the concept of FREE food for your baby, instead of $35 cans of formula?
They're located on the left-hand side in convenient "click on this and you go there" format.
I enjoy freshwater fishing, and there are lakes (Trillium, Timothy, Hagg, etc.) within convenient driving distance from SW Portland.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.