from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Appropriate; suitable; proper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of befit.
- adj. appropriate, becoming
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suitable; proper; becoming; fitting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- ‘Of a suitable kind or character; fit; proper; becoming: as, befitting words; a befitting dress or manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. appropriate to
Sorry, no etymologies found.