from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Never slackening; persistent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. incessant; never slackening
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not remitting; incessant; continued; persevering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not abating; not relaxing for a time; incessant; continued: as, unremitting exertions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing
1728, un- + remitting, from remit, of Latin origin, in now rare sense of “diminish, abate”. Not from (non-existent) *unremit. (Wiktionary)