from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lasting forever; eternal.
- adj. Continuing indefinitely or for a long period of time.
- adj. Persisting too long; tedious: everlasting complaints.
- n. God. Used with the.
- n. Eternal duration; eternity.
- n. Any of various plants, such as the strawflower or one of the genera Anaphalis or Gnaphalium, that retain form and color long after they are dry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lasting or enduring forever; existing or continuing without end; immortal; eternal.
- adj. Continuing indefinitely, or during a long period; perpetual; sometimes used, colloquially, as a strong intensive; as, "this everlasting nonsense".
- adj. existing with infinite temporal duration (as opposed to existence outside of time)
- n. An everlasting flower.
- n. A cloth fabric for shoes, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lasting or enduring forever; exsisting or continuing without end; immortal; eternal.
- adj. Continuing indefinitely, or during a long period; perpetual; sometimes used, colloquially, as a strong intensive.
- n. Eternal duration, past or future; eternity.
- n. (With the definite article) The Eternal Being; God.
- n. A plant whose flowers may be dried without losing their form or color
- n. A cloth fabric for shoes, etc. See Lasting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lasting forever; existing or continuing without end; having infinite duration.
- Continuing indefinitely long; having no determinable or prospective end; enduring beyond calculation.
- Recurring without final cessation; happening again and again without end; incessant: as, I am tired of these everlasting disputes.
- 2 and Interminable, unceasing, uninterrupted, perennial, imperishable.
- n. Eternity; eternal duration, past and future.
- n. A strong woolen cloth, now used especially for the tops of boots. Also called lasting and prunella, and formerly durance (which see).
- n. A common name for plants whose scarious flowers retain their form, color, and brightness long after being gathered.
- Very; exceedingly: as, everlasting mean.
- n. Same as large-flowered everlasting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of various genera of the family Compositae having flowers that can be dried without loss of form or color
- adj. continuing forever or indefinitely
- adj. without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
From ever + lasting. (Wiktionary)