from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a numen; supernatural.
- adj. Filled with or characterized by a sense of a supernatural presence: a numinous place.
- adj. Spiritually elevated; sublime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related to a numen; indicating the presence of a divinity
- adj. Awe-inspiring; evoking a sense of the transcendent, mystical or sublime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Evincing the presence of a deity.
- adj. same as supernatural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of a numen
- adj. evincing the presence of a deity
From Latin nūmen, nūmin-, numen.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Circa 1650, from Latin numen ("nod, divine sway, divinity") + -ous (Wiktionary)