from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to talismans: talismanic formulas.
- adj. Possessing or believed to possess magic power: a talismanic amulet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or like, a talisman.
- adj. this sense?) Having a magical protective power.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a talisman; having the properties of a talisman, or preservative against evils by occult influence; magical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character or properties of a talisman; characteristic of a talisman; magical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. possessing or believed to possess magic power especially protective power
Sorry, no etymologies found.