from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the power to cure; healing or restorative: a sanative environment of mountains and fresh air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That cures or restores; curative or restorative
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the power to cure or heal; healing; tending to heal; sanatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the power to cure or heal; healing; tending to heal; sanatory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to cure or restore to health
Middle English sanatif, from Old French, from Late Latin sānātīvus, from Latin sānātus, past participle of sānāre, to heal; see sanatorium.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)