American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Splendid or dazzling in appearance; brilliant.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shining with brilliant luster; very bright; splendid.
- In heraldry, issuing rays: said especially of the sun, sometimes of clouds. See radiant, 3.
- Synonyms Glorious, beaming. See radiance.
- adj. Shiny and colourful, and thus pleasing to the eye.
- adj. mathematics Exhibiting the property of resplendency in Peano arithmetic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Shining with brilliant luster; very bright.
- adj. having great beauty and splendor
- From the obsolete sense of the English verb splendish ("to shine"), from Latin splendere ("to shine"), or from resplend + -ent, from Latin resplendere. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French, from Latin resplendēns, resplendent-, present participle of resplendēre, to shine brightly : re-, re- + splendēre, to shine. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Shes talking to another woman with the same short curly brown hair, whos looking resplendent I always wanted to use the word resplendent and never had a chance before in some swaying, beaded skirt.”
“Darth Vader is the ultimate heavy breathing villain resplendent in black.”
“Washington (CNN) - Tables set in resplendent colors - apple green, ruby, gold - with floral arrangements of roses, hydrangeas and sweet peas in plum, purple and fuchsia awaited guests to Tuesday's White House state dinner.”
“Behind them resplendent is the Lamb of the Apocalypse.”
“The morning vapors were fast rolling their snowy wreaths down the opposite mountains, whose heads, shining in resplendent purple, seemed to view themselves in the bright reflections of the now smooth sea.”
“Nature, or nature's favourite, this lovely earth, presented her most unrivalled beauties in resplendent and sudden exhibition.”
“Looking back on the incident it seems matter for yet more Homeric laughter that Richardson should have called the resplendent genius of Fielding”
“Looking back on the incident it seems matter for yet more Homeric laughter that Richardson should have called the resplendent genius of Fielding “low.””
“One is rotten and the other resplendent, that is all.”
“Look on the bright side though, once those evil Toreeees get into power our screens will be 'resplendent' with lots of these tossers like Hardy, Brigstocke, Steel and co laying into the 'government' which oddly they have been reticent to do for the last, oh let me see, 12 years...”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘resplendent’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
COLLECT FROM DIFFERENT PAPERS,WEBSITES,BOOKS AND MOVIES.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 1972 more...
List of most of the words I've learned
for GRE ofcourse
All my favourite words that I come across!
Words I like to use, words I like but may forget.
Looking for tweets for resplendent.