American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Causing or capable of causing emotional shock or loss of consciousness.
- adj. Of a strikingly attractive appearance.
- adj. Impressive: gave a stunning performance.
- adj. Surprising: The President's final decision came with stunning suddenness.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or condition expressed by the verb stun; stupefaction.
- Very striking; astonishing, especially by fine quality or appearance; of a most admirable or wonderful kind.
- adj. Having an effect that stuns.
- adj. Exceptionally beautiful or attractive.
- adj. Amazing.
- v. present participle of stun.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Overpowering consciousness; overpowering the senses; especially, overpowering the sense of hearing; confounding with noise.
- adj. Slang Striking or overpowering with astonishment, especially on account of excellence.
- adj. strikingly beautiful or attractive
- adj. commanding attention
- adj. causing great astonishment and consternation
- adj. causing or capable of causing bewilderment or shock or insensibility
“The administration negotiated what I called stunning reductions in trade, and in increases in tariff rate quotas, reductions in export subsidies, and elimination of sanitary and phytosanitary barriers in all products, virtually -- meats from beef, pork, poultry; dairy; citrus; specialty crops of all sorts.”
“Insurance regulators and safety activists are alarmed at what they describe as a stunning rise in the number of drivers who are cutting back or even dropping their auto insurance to save money during the recession.”
“By Susie Madrak Thursday Apr 09, 2009 4: 00pm Insurance regulators and safety activists are alarmed at what they describe as a stunning rise in the number of drivers who are cutting back or even dropping their auto insurance to save money during the recession.”
“Even more stunning is that Hobsbawm is held in such high esteem among academics to this very day.”
“The voting population is changing in stunning ways, all of which will benefit the Democrats.”
“Of the 67 jewels in the collection, Mr. Lunel expresses particular passion for a ruby and diamond brooch by Van Cleef & Arpels designed as a Japanese chrysanthemum that he describes as "stunning" estimate: 270,000-450,000 francs.”
“You remember the people of your life in stunning detail.”
“What I find absolutely stunning is that the writers of the show had to know certain facts, and should have prepared Larry King.”
“Hand-selected items placed in stunning vignettes that epitomize minimalist urban design.”
“The Transfiguration revealed, in stunning splendor, the divinity and holiness of Christ.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stunning’.
Beautiful, attractive, well-formed
Ugly, unattractive, malformed
Being a list of words which have "especially" in their definitions.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
Words associated with beauty, love, and a happy feeling!
Words about looking good
A broad list of words and phrases describing schemes and devices, from ancient to modern, that humans have devised to catch or harvest our underwater friends.
List of most of the words I've learned
My big word list.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
words that are mostly fun to say or just lovely
Looking for tweets for stunning.