from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of knocking out.
- n. The state of being knocked out.
- n. A blow that knocks out an opponent.
- n. Sports A victory in boxing in which one's opponent is unable to rise from the canvas within a specified time after being knocked down or is judged too injured to continue.
- n. Sports The act of winning a boxing match in this way: won the fight by a knockout.
- n. Slang A strikingly attractive or impressive person or thing.
- adj. Capable of knocking out: a knockout punch.
- adj. Strikingly attractive or impressive.
- adj. Having a specific single gene removed from the genome by genetic manipulation: knockout mice used in an experiment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of making someone unconscious, or at least unable to come back on their feet within a certain period of time; a TKO.
- n. The deactivation of anything.
- n. Something wildly popular, entertaining, or funny.
- n. A very attractive person, especially a beautiful woman.
- n. A partially punched opening meant for optional later removal.
- n. The deactivation of a particular gene.
- n. A creature engineered with a particular gene deactivated.
- n. An event where a foreground color causes a background color not to print.
- n. A tournament, in which a team or player must beat the opponent in order to progress to the next round.
- adj. Rendering someone unconscious.
- adj. Amazing; gorgeous; beautiful.
- adj. Designating an organism in which a particular gene has been removed or deactivated.
- adj. Causing elimination from a competition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of knocking out, or state of being knocked out; the act of rendering a person unconscious by a blow.
- n. a blow which causes a person to become unconscious.
- n. the winning of a boxing contest by rendering the opponent unable to stand for a specified period, usually a count of ten; -- in contrast to a win by a
- n. a strikingly beautiful woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very strong or vigorous
- n. a very attractive or seductive looking woman
- n. a blow that renders the opponent unconscious
From knock out. (Wiktionary)