from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A complete view.
- n. One that is pleasing to the sight, especially an attractive person.
- n. Sufficient observation to discover more than one had expected or enough to be satisfied: After an eyeful of his art collection, she decided to leave.
- n. An amount of material blown or directed into the eye: got an eyeful of water from the squirt gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A full or complete view; a good look.
- n. A remarkable sight or a very attractive person (sometimes used ironically).
- n. An amount of material blown into the eye.
- adj. Filling or attractive to the eye; visible; remarkable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Filling or satisfying the eye; visible; remarkable.
- n. a view of something remarkable; a completely satisfying view; as much as, or more than, one would want to see.
- n. an unusually attractive person, especially a beautiful woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Filling or attractive to the eye; visible; remarkable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strikingly beautiful woman
- n. a full view; a good look
Good job of assembling an "eyeful" of a delicious burger.
I'm an old mom of 5, with a young heart, always on the lookout for the things that bring a little "eyeful" of joy to each day...
Defiantly she raised her chin, proud to be sitting next to Jack, no matter what kind of eyeful they were giving the bountiful traffic.
Alas, the resident eye candy got eliminated — but not before we got an eyeful of his favorite non-cooking pastime: painting naked women.
There you are, you've just caught yourself an ear or an eyeful of someone else's "I love you," and you are now obligated to say... something!
But then: Lightsflickonthenoff—and in one quick eyeful you do see me standing betwixt concrete pillars with my four-man crew tagging a crumbling wall beneath a bridge.
As he watched now, a Vesta-class ship, all stretched lines and an eyeful of speed, swooped around the planet.
I sat, getting an eyeful of what Detective Cole must have been facing for the last few minutes: three very challenging, unimpressed faces.
Shoppers on ritzy Rodeo Drive got an eyeful of Canalis as she posed next to her nude, black-and-white campaign portrait for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
The always early-adopting porn industry — whose Adult Entertainment Expo was right next door to CES — got an eyeful as well, from a company called Glacier Media Systems, which showed off a PC capable of transforming 2-D films into, in this case, some frighteningly in-your-face pornography.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.