American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Worthy of notice.
- adj. Attracting notice as being unusual or extraordinary. See Synonyms at noticeable.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Observable; worthy of notice.
- Extraordinary; unusual; deserving of particular notice; such as may excite admiration or wonder; conspicuous; distinguished.
- Synonyms Noticeable, notable, rare, strange, wonderful, uncommon, singular, striking.
- n. Something noticeable, extraordinary, or exceptional; a noteworthy thing or circumstance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Worthy of being remarked or noticed; noticeable; conspicuous; hence, uncommon; extraordinary.
- adj. unusual or striking
- adj. worthy of notice
- French remarquable (Wiktionary)
“There was something, as it were, remarkable -- yes, _remarkable_, although this is but a feeble term to express my full meaning -- about the entire individuality of the personage in question.”
“Kingsley House at Ashuelot, N.H.: "It may seem useless to add testimony to the overwhelming mass already given of the many remarkable cures performed at your Institution, but I deem it a pleasure and a duty to add mine to your long list as _very remarkable_.”
“Based on that performance, Mr. Otellini said he expects Intel's revenue to grow in the mid-20% range for all of 2011, which he termed remarkable for a company of Intel's size.”
“UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Steven Hadley says the place was chosen because of what he called the remarkable turn around in the province.”
“Churchill was referring to what he called the remarkable and definite victory of Allied troops at El Alamein.”
“The Gambian leader, His Excellency Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr Yahya Jammeh has heaped praises on the people and government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for what he called their remarkable and instrumental role in the liberation and development of the African continent.”
“Military officials were widely praising the snipers for three flawless shots, which they described as remarkable, coming at night and from the stern of a ship on rolling waters.”
“Military officials Monday widely praised the snipers for three shots, which they described as remarkable, coming at night, come 25 yards away and from the stern of a ship on a rolling waters to a small lifeboat.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘remarkable’.
Adjectives meaning striking
My list of words.
All my favourite words that I come across!
Very basic words for ESL students.
words that describe me or that i am focusing on.
( personal list )
My Friends (that's my bets John McCain impression!)
This is a list of words that I think describe me. Would you be so kind as to vote for the 10 you think are most fitting? Your vote w...
Looking for tweets for remarkable.