from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Difficult or impossible to understand or comprehend; unintelligible: incomprehensible jargon.
- adj. Impossible to know or fathom: incomprehensible mysteries.
- adj. Archaic Having no limits; boundless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. impossible or very difficult to understand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not capable of being contained within limits.
- adj. Not capable of being comprehended or understood; beyond the reach of the human intellect; inconceivable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not to be comprehended or comprised within limits; illimitable.
- Not to be comprehended or understood; that cannot be grasped by the mind.
- That is incomprehensible which may be known or believed as a fact, but of which the mode of existence or of operation, or of coming to pass, cannot be understood.
- n. A thing or being that cannot be circumscribed within limits or that cannot be grasped by the intellect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of being explained or accounted for
- adj. difficult to understand
From Latin incomprehensibilis. (Wiktionary)