from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Too deep to be fathomed or measured.
- adj. Too obscure or complicated to be understood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very deep (especially of water deeper than a lead line can measure); bottomless
- adj. unfathomable or incomprehensible
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incapable of being fathomed; immeasurable; that can not be sounded.
- adj. Incomprehensible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Incapable of being embraced or encompassed with the arms.
- Having a depth so great that it cannot be fathomed; bottomless.
- Not to be penetrated by thought or comprehended.
Sorry, no etymologies found.