from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by transparent clearness; pellucid. See Synonyms at clear.
- adj. Easily intelligible; clear: writes in a limpid style.
- adj. Calm and untroubled; serene.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Clear, transparent or bright.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by clearness or transparency; clear.
- adj. Clear and unambiguous; lucid; easy to understand; -- of speech and writing.
- adj. Calm, untroubled, and without worry; serene.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by clearness or transparency; translucent; crystal-clear; lucid: as, a limpid stream; a limpid style.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. clear and bright
- adj. transmitting light; able to be seen through with clarity
- adj. (of language) transparently clear; easily understandable
Latin limpidus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin limpidus. (Wiktionary)