American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Impossible to mistake or misinterpret; obvious: unmistakable signs of illness.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That cannot be mistaken or misunderstood; clear; evident. Also unmistakeable.
- Synonyms Palpable, manifest, obvious, patent, unequivocal, unambiguous, decided.
- adj. unique, such that it cannot be mistaken for something else.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Incapable of being mistaken or misunderstood; clear; plain; obvious; evident.
- adj. clearly evident to the mind
- adj. clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
“You would have some difficulty in recognising him, though he bears, like the rest of us, what you call the unmistakable Landale stamp.”
“Everywhere the socialists proclaimed their coming victory at the ballot-box, while, in unmistakable terms, they stated the situation.”
“A certain unmistakable character trait began to manifest itself these early struggling writing days.”
“Also, they held out their hands, palms upward, in unmistakable sign of peace.”
“And with the moving comes removing, retraining, reconditioning of all of the bells and whistles attached to my wrists, filing away the pages of my history, neatly stacked in unmistakable sequence, and tucked under my arm for the journey to the other side of town.”
“It's not enough to say you'll be ready from Day One — you have to be right from Day One, he added in unmistakable criticisms of Clinton, who often claims she's better prepared to govern, and her husband, who pledged during his own presidency to build a bridge to the 21st century.”
“In an attempt to override the pretty pretty princess factor I used blue glitter to write EAT OUT in unmistakable huge block letters.”
“Homo sapiens is a species afflicted with a terminal illness and certain unmistakable suicidal tendencies”
“I find it astonishing that you disagree with the my statement: "Homo sapiens is a species afflicted with a terminal illness and certain unmistakable suicidal tendencies".”
“Homo sapiens is a species afflicted with a terminal illness and certain unmistakable suicidal tendencies.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unmistakable’.
Words that I like, that I don't use often enough, that are new to me, that friends and family have taught me, and so on.
Looking for tweets for unmistakable.