from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or exhibiting no ambiguity or uncertainty; clear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. clear, and having no uncertainty or ambiguity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not ambiguous; not of doubtful meaning; plain; perspicuous; clear; certain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. admitting of no doubt or misunderstanding; having only one meaning or interpretation and leading to only one conclusion
- adj. having or exhibiting a single clearly defined meaning
House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, who is Catholic, said during a floor speech yesterday he will work to overturn what he called an "unambiguous attack on religious freedom in our country."
As it is, he graciously apologized and I failed at acknowledging that apology in unambiguous terms.
As a work of prescriptive literature, Spiritual Midwifery framed the choice in unambiguous terms, quoting one Farm "lady" as saying that she found feminist demands for access to male-dominated careers incomprehensible, since, in her experience, breastfeeding her baby was "heavier than being a corporation president."
Weiss's performance video was unambiguous from a moral point of view.
The building trades asserted its position in unambiguous terms, and all San Francisco was in turmoil.
Ashoke says that these come from the AdS interior, making his favorite term unambiguous in the limit.
3. They use all this information to help create a relationship that fits both their needs and styles and that is characterized by unambiguous mutual expectations.
I wouldn’t mind changing the culture so that the umpires felt more comfortable requesting replay in unambiguous situations where they’re not sure of the outcome, though it sounds like the umpire last night had absolutely no doubt until he saw the replay so that wouldn’t have helped.
Our tests are more accurate, unambiguous, which is confirmed by doctors and above all accessible.
But new observations from three different spacecraft have put this notion to rest with what has been called unambiguous evidence of water across the surface of the moon.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.