American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Impossible to contest; unquestionable: incontestable proof of the defendant's guilt.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not contestable; not admitting of dispute or debate; too clear to be controverted; incontrovertible; indisputable.
- Synonyms Indisputable, irrefragable, undeniable, unquestionable, indubitable.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not contestable; not to be disputed; that cannot be called in question or controverted; incontrovertible; indisputable.
- adj. not open to question; obviously true
- adj. incapable of being contested or disputed
“Every thing concurred to signalize this, that God's name (that is, his incontestable sovereignty, his irresistible power, and his inflexible justice) might be declared throughout all the earth, not only to all places, but through all ages while the earth remains.”
“Four days ago Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari recalled the incontestable fact that "The terrorists of today were the heroes of yesteryear until 9/11 occurred ....”
“Complete is a surrogate superlative, the latest tactic, a piece of discursive dexterity in the sometimes tedious Messi or Ronaldo debate -- presented like it was some kind of incontestable fact.”
“The plaintiffs are claiming the the Bush Administration is ignoring "incontestable" evidence of global warming by instituting more stringent carbon emissions on power companies generating plants.”
“Peter Holder, 44, confessed to the attempted rape in the face of "incontestable" DNA evidence.”
“incontestable" second position and was the only "threat" to complete power domination by the ANC.”
“The show's creator, Marc Cherry, appeared to admit one of the incontestable truths about TV — "The only thing harder than creating a hit show is knowing when to end it" — saying he was afraid the show would "drift away into nothing" if allowed to continue indefinitely.”
“It is incontestable that a man is not fit to begin his day's work on a meal like that; and it is equally incontestable that the loss will fall upon his employer and upon the nation.”
“The one incontestable thing was that Carter Watson had been drunk.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘incontestable’.
Words meaning definitely true
Words meaning undeniable.
Looking for tweets for incontestable.