from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. So strong as to be overwhelming: an overpowering need for solitude.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of overpower.
- adj. That overpowers; so strong as to be overwhelming.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Excelling in power; too powerful; irresistible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That is too powerful to resist; overwhelming; crushing; too intense to bear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so strong as to be irresistible
Sorry, no etymologies found.