from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inspiring or exciting: a breathtaking view; a breathtaking ride.
- adj. Astonishing; astounding: breathtaking insensitivity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. stunningly beautiful; amazing
- adj. Very surprising or shocking; to such a degree as to cause astonishment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to cause suspension of regular breathing
Sorry, no etymologies found.