Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Piercing; penetrating.
- That thrills or stirs with subtle permeating emotion or sensation, as of pleasure, pain, horror, wonder, or the like: as, a thrilling adventure; a thrilling experience.
- n. In crystallography, a compound or twin crystal consisting of three united crystals. See twin.
- v. present participle of thrill.
- adj. Causing the feeling of a sudden excitement.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Causing a thrill; causing tremulous excitement; deeply moving.
- adj. causing a surge of emotion or excitement
- adj. causing quivering or shivering as by cold or fear or electric shock
“Now that would have been what I called thrilling, real thrilling, especially if he jumped or grew red, or white, or stammered, or stopped short, or anything to show that he'd seen us -- and cared.”
“Now _that_ would have been what I called thrilling, real thrilling, especially if he jumped or grew red, or white, or stammered, or stopped short, or anything to show that he'd seen us -- and cared.”
“Of course what kid doesn't like to look at fountains and water but once the Japanese Koi come up to feed it is has a whole new meaning to the word thrilling.”
“I'm only laughing because I don't think of either books as being a "young adult novel," nor do I think "thrilling" is how a kid who describe either.”
“Dynamite Entertainment presents the ultimate in thrilling mystery as they unveil Sherlock Holmes!”
“Oxygen mask needed in thrilling national title game”
“Oxygen mask needed in thrilling national title game - USATODAY. com”
“Neil made the most telling point (for me) of the whole conference by recalling his sense of excitement and wonder at reading a certain thrilling adventure novel as a child, then his surprise on returning to that same book as an adult and finding the prose quite flat and clunky (think Famous Five).”
“A Ringworld prequel like FLEET OF WORLDS, JUGGLER OF WORLDS is an engaging science fiction thriller intended to and succeeding in thrilling long time fans of the series.”
“Early today (Sunday night ET), Phelps, Lezak and their 4x100-meter freestyle relay teammates regained the Olympic title they owned from 1964 to 1996, in thrilling fashion and world-record time, keeping Phelps on track for a record eight gold medals.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘thrilling’.
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for thrilling.