from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from the senses.
- adj. Appealing to or gratifying the senses.
- adj. Readily affected through the senses.
- adj. Highly appreciative of the pleasures of sensation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Appealing to the senses, or to sensual gratification.
- adj. Of or relating to the senses; sensory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the senses, or sensible objects; addressing the senses; suggesting pictures or images of sense.
- adj. Highly susceptible to influence through the senses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, derived from, or ministering to the senses; connected with sensible objects: as, sensuous pleasures.
- Readily affected through the senses; alive to the pleasure to be received through the senses.
- Synonyms Carnal, etc. See sensual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. taking delight in beauty
From Latin sensus ("sense") + English -ous. (Wiktionary)