American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of witchcraft.
- adj. Having the power to charm or enchant; bewitching.
- n. Witchcraft; sorcery.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practices of witches; enchantment.
- Bewitching; suited to enchantment or witchcraft; weird.
- Fascinating; enchanting.
- v. present participle of witch.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. That witches or enchants; suited to enchantment or witchcraft; bewitching.
- adj. possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers
- n. the use or practice of witchcraft
“They are a unique bunch of guys who still believe in witching for water and who know you have to develop a feel for where the water is located even if you find the acquifer.”
“And, in the rural community where my mother's extended family lives, "witching" for water remains a common practice.”
“Volume soared across the board on a "witching" day of options expirations.”
“Find a 14 year old who would work cheap during the witching hours each evening?”
“The proverbial bat in the belfry, a boy trapped in a bathroom, and a witching hour wander deep into the heart of a century old tunnel provided the eerie highlights of my recent overnighter at Mina Dos Estrellas, not far from Tlalpujahua in northeastern Michoacan (see map).”
“In Anita Hill's case, however, the call left on an office voicemail system during witching hours was a plea from the begrudged wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas requesting a 20-year overdue apology on his behalf.”
“Nils-Axel Mörner is also an enthusiast of dowsing and water witching.”
“This is good news for Heathrow because 7am is the airport's witching hour, when international arrivals reach the peak for the day, which in turn bodes well for the rest of the day already.”
“In the witching hours I still pull at the sheets, feeling for the weight of your weight where it should be”
“Come the witching hour, May or June 2010, Mr. & Mrs. Balls have to expose themselves to the electorate.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘witching’.
Looking for tweets for witching.