from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Infectious.
- adj. Attractive; catchy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of catch.
- n. The action of the verb catch.
- adj. contagious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Infectious; contagious.
- adj. Captivating; alluring.
- n. The act of seizing or taking hold of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Communicating, or liable to be communicated, by contagion; infectious.
- Captivating; charming; attracting: as, a catching melody; a catching manner.
- Acquisitive; greedy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. becoming infected
- adj. (of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection
- n. the act of detecting something; catching sight of something
- n. (baseball) playing the position of catcher on a baseball team
Sorry, no etymologies found.