from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The same as another; sharing the same design.
- v. Present participle of match.
- n. A set of independent edges in a given graph, i.e. a set of edges which do not intersect: so-called because pairs of vertices are "matched" to each other one-to-one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having identical or closely similar appearance or properties.
- adj. Harmonious and pleasing in appearance when used together.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intentionally matched
- adj. being two identical
- You must know how to use WordPress to blog, and enter all correct tags, with the title matching the URL.
According to this way of thinking, which we call the matching-content doctrine, the first task of the neuroscience of consciousness is to uncover the neural representational systems whose contents systematically match the contents of consciousness.
"Nothing else with a label matching this, either."
In Shenzhen, north of Hong Kong, I went to see Liam Casey, the Irish entrepreneur I described two years ago as “Mr. China” for his success in matching big, famous foreign companies with small, obscure Chinese factories that can produce brand-name products quickly and well.
A central challenge for The White Queen project lay in matching the quality of the source material, and in the transition of perspective and literary skill from print page to ambient digital flow.
The federal government can provide up to $45 a ton in matching payments to businesses that collect, harvest, store and transport biomass waste to an authorized energy facility.
Maintain matching color patterns and set a theme to follow
It seems a rather stupid distinction to say “well, the guys who did it were dressed up in matching outfits, so it was warfare.”
An assessment of HLA matching is performed in both the Host-vs-Donor and Graft-vs-Host direction.
The Former Presidents | 11: 11 a.m. George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, are out in matching purple scarves, and both are hobbling a bit.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.