from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being the same: another orator who used the senator's identical words.
- adj. Exactly equal and alike.
- adj. Having such a close similarity or resemblance as to be essentially equal or interchangeable.
- adj. Biology Of or relating to a twin or twins developed from the same fertilized ovum and having the same genetic makeup and closely similar appearance; monozygotic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bearing full likeness by having precisely the same set of characteristics; indistinguishable.
- adj. Not different or other; not another or others; not different as regards self; selfsame; numerically identical.
- adj. Having some particular qualities or characteristics in common, but not all of them.
- adj. Of twins, sharing the same genetic code.
- adj. Exactly equivalent.
- adj. Approximating or approaching exact equivalence.
- n. Something which has exactly the same properties as something else.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The same; the selfsame; the very same; not different.
- adj. Uttering sameness or the same truth; expressing in the predicate what is given, or obviously implied, in the subject; tautological.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being the same; absolutely indistinguishable; distinguishable only as points of view of that which is one in its own being: also used loosely to express the fact that two or more things compared are the same in the particulars considered, or differ in no essential point.
- Expressing identity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exactly alike; incapable of being perceived as different
- adj. (of twins) derived from a single egg or ovum
- adj. having properties with uniform values along all axes
- adj. being the exact same one; not any other:
- adj. coinciding exactly when superimposed
From Medieval Latin identicus, from Late Latin identitās, identity; see identity.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From identic + -al. (Wiktionary)