from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be interchanged: interchangeable items of clothing; interchangeable automotive parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Freely substitutable. May be swapped at will.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Admitting of exchange or mutual substitution.
- adj. Following each other in alternate succession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being interchanged; admitting of exchange.
- Appearing in alternate succession.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (mathematics, logic) such that the arguments or roles can be interchanged
- adj. capable of replacing or changing places with something else; permitting mutual substitution without loss of function or suitability
Sorry, no etymologies found.